Ebay lift kit? Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a good lift stay away from it unless you want to destroy your front struts and cv's

the 33's they are talking about are also a NO NO - MAJOR trimming involved to fit that size tyres that and you could detinate your front diff housing due to the stresses involved with the weight of the tyre

with my 31's i still get rubbing with a 2 1/2 inch lift spring lift

if you are going to use a spacer lift get the daystar, revtec or the RRO COMBO LIFT, you MUST change your rear shocks to a longer travel unit or under full extension youor stock shacks will top out

buy the way the tyres on the ebay pick are BFG ALL TERRAINS not muds

tomanyfieros

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!
Let me put this in here too.. as I want the lift for looks instead of really taking it off road. I am going to Minot ND, and the winters I have heard are really rough... well, I have 3 fieros right now.. and I needed something 4wd (I am in the Air Force), and I was wanting something more for looks than really going off road.. the most it will see off roading will be driving through the grass in someone's front yard.. lol..
I want to make it look good, and then maybe after my 2 year enlistment is up.. I might sell it.. I dont know yet.
So why would you recommend the daystar/revtec/RPO COMBO LIFT, than the one on ebay? How much of a difference is there? Also, I would like to stick a set of 20 inch rims on it... what size tire would I need so that it wouldnt rub? Sorry for all the questions.. Im new to this!
Thanks again,
Jason
edit - is this a good kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...33585QQitemZ8062265276QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
On another note... I think these tires would work with that lift, as it says these tires are 30.5" and I like the way they look too... opinions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-K...062257390QQcategoryZ66478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guyute1210

Reaction score
Don't use Ebay to buy a lift kit. ](*,) They are garbage and will give you a crappy ride. If you want a lift, but dont want to spring for a suspension lift like All-J's Frankenlift or Rusty's 2.5" Suspension Lift, get either the Daystar or RRO COMBO Kit. but as the other poster said, get new rear shocks as a minimum, but if you are going to have your front end apart, you might as well change both out. Get Rancho RSX's for a 2002 Dodge Durango.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing, if you get RRO's Budget lift, your front end will get messed up. That was one of the ebay links you put in above. It's happened to lots of people, but RRO will not quit selling that product. It used to be called their OTT (Over The Top) lift, but they keep renaming it, my guess is to fool people. If you don't believe me, goto www.lostkjs.com and search for OTT and see the responses.

NoGayKJ

Reaction score
guyute why the rancho rsx for an 02 durango? I got a spacer kit but havent put it on yet...should I get those shocks for front and rear? thanks

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guyute1210 said:
Oh yeah, one more thing, if you get RRO's Budget lift, your front end will get messed up. That was one of the ebay links you put in above. It's happened to lots of people, but RRO will not quit selling that product. It used to be called their OTT (Over The Top) lift, but they keep renaming it, my guess is to fool people. If you don't believe me, goto www.lostkjs.com and search for OTT and see the responses.

As far as the RRO lift is concerned, it is NOT an offroad lift kit. With on-road use you wont suffer the way other people have(Myself included). So if its just to clear your wheels on steroids, you probably wouldn't see too many problems.

Your lower ball joints are still going to fail because DC is full of cheap skates, and if you try to go offroad with the RRO lift you will lose your upper ball joints as well. No kit is going to save you from the lowers; they need to be replaced with Moogs.