easy to install or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
lots of ppl have done it themselves.....
if u have the right tools...I guess....

usual i time I see is a few hours like 4 or so..

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the Daystar in four hours. But it requires two guys to wrestle the rear spacers in and a hydraulic shop press to compress and disassemble the front coils.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6-8 hours here for a Rocky Road 2.5" Budget lift

but I'm an amature, and the lift required heavy modification due to its EXTREMELY poor manufacturing (Argh)

DONT BUY ONE!

Get it done right the first time, Rockfather II or Franken lift all the way.

Smackdatass

Reaction score
easy or not?

jfortier777 said:
6-8 hours here for a Rocky Road 2.5" Budget lift

but I'm an amature, and the lift required heavy modification due to its EXTREMELY poor manufacturing (Argh)

DONT BUY ONE!

Get it done right the first time, Rockfather II or Franken lift all the way.

I purchased the Rockfather II kit and it took my just under 3 hours.
It took 15 minutes to do the rear and if I would of put the OME strut perches on rightside up, it would of only taken less then a hour to do the front and maybe the Les Schwab tech would still have the chuck of skin in his shin..
.. Tried to compress the OME927 springs onto the struts and had to compress it completley flat and the strut and spring got free and shot out of the press and into to his shin #-o .. bloddy mess it was :-# ....

LOVE the ride..

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
Take the pucs and new struts to a shop, pay for installing new struts and an alignment...tell them to put the new spacers in (Free) in and out in 1 hour. If they won't put the spacers in for free...They are CROOKS

Install rear stuff yourself in less than 1 hour.

Remember: the daystar rear is only 2 inches unless you keep the stock bottom pad with it.

Remember: If this is a prelow 02 you will be higher than what is prefered in the front. puts you at 3 1/4" lift compared to 2.5" which could cause some problems.

Latest posts

Members online