driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a special place I have to mount the lights or can I mount them anywhere on top of the bumper

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mounted as so.....as you xan see its not where the factory mounted them but i like the look. Just a idea

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361340927329.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361340927329.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 145

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually made it out of legs from a barbque pit and some plate. Its bolted to the bumper as well as tied into the metal bumper under the grill.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

sirhk100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this, fab wise, I'm not concerned... I'm hoping to mount a LED light bar to the top of the front bumper though on my Dad's KJ and I haven't looked to see if it's possible. Xmas gift actually but I will likely end up installing it for him and want to make sure it's not going to turn into a 2 day project or something crazy. From the post above a few years back though, it sounds like there's something solid enough to tie into to create mounting points off?

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this, fab wise, I'm not concerned... I'm hoping to mount a LED light bar to the top of the front bumper though on my Dad's KJ and I haven't looked to see if it's possible. Xmas gift actually but I will likely end up installing it for him and want to make sure it's not going to turn into a 2 day project or something crazy. From the post above a few years back though, it sounds like there's something solid enough to tie into to create mounting points off?

Not sure if you have done this project or not I have installed a 20" light bar on the front bumper and there was no need for something to mount it to (like a metal plate mounted to the frame)but I used some washers on the bottom side of the mounting brackets to really hold it in place. It does not shake at all and was pretty quick and simple. Drilling is required.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.