drivers side tail light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbpf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2004 liberty. For starters the drivers side tail light fuse is in the wrong location from what the book says. Anyone else have this issue?

And second the the tail light stops working every week or so for like a night or two then goes back on but the brake light works just fine. I have replaced the bulb even though the bilb works fine.

Any ideas as to what this may be kinda hoping some one else has had a similar issue and was an easy fix?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2004 liberty. For starters the drivers side tail light fuse is in the wrong location from what the book says. Anyone else have this issue?

And second the the tail light stops working every week or so for like a night or two then goes back on but the brake light works just fine. I have replaced the bulb even though the bilb works fine.

Any ideas as to what this may be kinda hoping some one else has had a similar issue and was an easy fix?

Should be fuse 23 I believe.

The left tail lamp is in parrallel with the Licence plate lamp.....does this also stop working sometimes?

You probably have burnt/corroded contacts inside the brake/tail lamp holder...especially if the Licence plate lamp does work OK.

Try cleaning them off with some sandpaper or else buy a new bulb holder.:shrug:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with it might be a bulb socket. You can switch left to right to see if it follows. Not that uncommon

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
due to extreme temperature of bulbs and bad quality of plastic that holds it, it becomes melted causing bad contact. Check if it is happening to you.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chased the same problem for a while too. Replaced the entire housing/socket and problem went away.

Latest posts

Members online