Driver Front Caliper or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front left brakes have plagued me for a long time on this car. I've replaced rotors/pads as needed, new clips, greased, but I still get a few noises. One I am pretty sure is the wheel bearing because I get a whoom whoom sound while driving that is really noticeable on the highway. Obtaining new bearings for the front this week. But while that is off I'd love to fix the brakes too. We get the clicking noise that goes away when braking and you hear other sounds when the car is braking slow to a stop. I'm at the point of just replacing the caliper and mounting hardward (pins, etc.) because I think they are just at the point of needing it. Again 180,000 on the car so replace them in a pair (both fronts) to be consistent.

Plenty of other things going on with the rear tri-link replacement coming as well. But if you have any ideas or suggestions I'm open.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're changing the calipers, change the hoses as well. at that mileage they're getting on in years.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're changing the calipers, change the hoses as well. at that mileage they're getting on in years.

I gotta look into this, not sure how hard it is to drain, bleed the system after all that.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that hard if you are doing calipers to just do the hoses too. Same amount of work. Just takes a tad longer to bleed.
Check the cv joints, they can make a lot of noise

Latest posts

Members online