drive by wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does my 2006 limited have a throttle cable? sure feels like drive by wire last couple trips and like the pedal on floor has a bad rheostat.

yesterday backing up a hill it would "pulse" with power a couple times like something was pushing the throttle but my foot was steady.

today I jumped on it to pass someone and it did nothing, until I pressed it further than it took off (from a rolling start). this is both times within first 2 minutes after starting. no its not traction control kicking in, 2wd dry roads

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2006 Renegade has a cable connected to the gas pedal, I just had to look. You might have an issue with the Throttle Position Sensor

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does my 2006 limited have a throttle cable? sure feels like drive by wire last couple trips and like the pedal on floor has a bad rheostat.

yesterday backing up a hill it would "pulse" with power a couple times like something was pushing the throttle but my foot was steady.

today I jumped on it to pass someone and it did nothing, until I pressed it further than it took off (from a rolling start). this is both times within first 2 minutes after starting. no its not traction control kicking in, 2wd dry roads

ETC was added for the '07 KJ and '08+ KK.

Even with a throttle cable the ESP will kill any acceleration,common issue on lifted '06's to have unwanted ESP activation.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Even with a throttle cable the ESP will kill any acceleration,common issue on lifted '06's to have unwanted ESP activation.
Mine was lifted 1.5", back to stock height :)

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score

so mine hasn't simply been trying to kill me and make it look like an accident?

Latest posts

Members online