Drive by wire throttle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

If you have a 2006 or earlier Jeep, and you wanted to goose the throttle a little to make sure everything is working well under the hood, all you have to do is tug the throttle cable a little where it attaches to the throttle body. Beginning in 2007, all the 3.7’s became drive by wire. Is there a way to do this now from under the hood?

The reason I ask is that I’m looking at topping off my AC refrigerant (it’s a bit low but still sorta works) and I am seeing that the rpms have to get up to 2000 or so to read the high side pressure. It will be hard to read the manifold gauge under the hood while sitting in the drivers seat with a foot on the gas.

Thanks, Jeepers.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about under the hood rpm setting, but I do know I can cheat at about anything LOL.
One long handle squeegee or telescopic one propped from gas pedal to seat, works wonders for setting a 2000 rpm, no problem! :)

(It's the same way I check the brake lights, just different pedal.)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about under the hood rpm setting, but I do know I can cheat at about anything LOL.
One long handle squeegee or telescopic one propped from gas pedal to seat, works wonders for setting a 2000 rpm, no problem! :)

(It's the same way I check the brake lights, just different pedal.)
Ha ha! Perfect. I use “The Club” for checking the brake lights on my trailer this way. Good thinking!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry did you mentions clubs?
Good luck trying to get my brake pedal to move..ha ha..:D
You must be registered for see images attach