DR SIDE UPPER CONTROL ARM.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the upper control arm on the passenger side but when I removed the nuts on the drivers side the bolt in the back of the control arm was frozen. Any ideas on how to remove it? It is a 2010 Jeep Liberty. The shop said they use a die grinder and cut slits on the control arm and bushing from the tire well and split it. Heat is not an option. Too many plastic parts under the hood.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you have the nut off , just bolt rusted solid ?
I had one that I removed similar to what the shop told you , but also used a small amount of heat after getting it cut to bend it more easily
It was on a KJ, but of course same thing basically
Not a fun project, just take your time and be careful

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have the nut off , just bolt rusted solid ?
I had one that I removed similar to what the shop told you , but also used a small amount of heat after getting it cut to bend it more easily
It was on a KJ, but of course same thing basically
Not a fun project, just take your time and be careful

Thanks and I will try to be careful but some times you get so frustrated that you want to get out the BFH but luckily no room to swing it! LOL

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the bolt is located it is inaccessible with one.
I took a die grinder and from the wheel well cut the arm off of the bushing then split the mount on the bushing into 3 pieces!
I then cut the rubber bushing and removed it to exposé the metal sleeve covering the bolt. (This is where the trouble originated from) I opened up the split sleeve and removed it from the bolt, and the bolt was free.
Putting it back together was a breeze, and don't forget to never seize the bolts when putting it back together!