double din radio install on a 06 renegrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posterrok

Reaction score
i have searched this so much i have found some write ups and pics of how to install a double din in a 06 kj and nothing no one makes one so the first problem i tan into was the pocket for the radio wasn't deep enough to fit the radio so i cut the section be hide the radio that was blocking it so it was more squared so now it slides in and sits perfectly in now my problem is the trim around it mine came some sliver painted obv does not fit the 7 inch radio so now thinking about just fabricating something for the radio and the heater controls look like its came stock with my stock trim because if i trim down the stock radio spot on it my new radio will fit but the only problem the sides of h radio will have a gap i do not know what i would fill it with so i looks like a stock trim piece or maybe a toggle switch for the 2 amp I'm going to be running or just fiberglass a whole new center dash an then paint If anyone has any insight on this shoot me a message i will post pics along the way

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always much more rewarding to furnish punctuation scolding, rather than any useful help.

GRAMMAR NAZIS!!!

Bob

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to offer any real assistance if you cant decipher what the heck someone is trying to say... cant distinguish between one sentence and another... ideas get blurred, misunderstood.

Let's not condone the lack of use of punctuation... I don't care if this is the internet or not; it isn't proper communication. Let stuff like this slide and some day, years from now, no one will know how to read, write, or convey an idea at all.

Just look at the penmanship of many people today... sloppy kindergarten handwriting.

I think what the OP needs to do is either fiberglass a new surround for the stereo trim, or buy the aftermarket trim piece linked to up above.

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up 2 dash kits to install double din radios off ebay. They fit the radio great and I had to cut the metal and plastic stuff that is behind the radio out. There is a video on YouTube about this project that helping me get it done I'll post the link later I'm using my phone at the moment and my laptop has it stored in bookmarks.