Door Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I shut my rear drivers side door today on the way to my EMT class, and while driving I noticed that the window was cracked and made a crappy noise when I tried to put it up. So when I get there to check on the window, the door would only crack, and not open fully. I went in from the other side and used electrical tape to keep it from sliding down. I could care less about the window since it is secured now, but I would like to be able to open my door to fix it. Anyone have any idea on how to get my door back open?

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy, take the door panel off and take a look inside. The cable might have gotten stuck/wrapped/wedged in the locking mechanism. It can be a PITA but it happens more often than some think. As for the window you need to pick up:

http://www.steigerperformance.com/products/sp13001.html

A good portion of the people out here now buy these are replacements. They are easy to install and you will never have to worry about them again. I have two installed in my 02. I love them.

Hope that helps.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do that, but the problem is that I cannot open the door. I would love to take my trim off, but I do not want to break it by forcing it off while the door is shut. Any ideas on how to get it open?