Door Lock Actuator ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2007 Jeep Liberty, when locking or unlocking the doors the drivers door lock makes a very loud noise and the drivers door does not lock but 3 other doors do lock. I can manually lock drivers door but it will not lock with key fob etc. My research on this says its probably the door lock actuator or a fuse, when trying to buy the actuator I only see it for the passenger front door ? Anyone have a similar problem ??

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Will the driver's door lock/unlock from the inside using the passenger side switch? If it does, the driver's door lock switch is bad.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Hmph, it sure sounds like the lock actuator then. I did a quick search at Rock Auto with no luck for driver’s door part.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm confused because the sound is coming from the drivers door.

It's probably auto-cycling closed/open when you hit the button because it's shorted internally.

You could pull the door card and physically look at it. Just a few screws and plugs to disconnect. You'll have to reconnect the electrical switches from the door card to complete the circuit.

Reaction score
It's probably auto-cycling closed/open when you hit the button because it's shorted internally.

You could pull the door card and physically look at it. Just a few screws and plugs to disconnect. You'll have to reconnect the electrical switches from the door card to complete the circuit.
Thanks for your help !
What do you mean by “door card” door panel ? Thanks again!

sleazy rider

Reaction score
The inner panel of the door. Plastic with armrest. :)

Screw in hole on arm rest and one behind the door latch handle. Pull hard and steady from one bottom corner and work your way around till all the side and bottom pins are loose. Then, from inside the panel, push the top pins out. Use a flashlight and you'll see what I mean when the panel is mostly loose. Once all pins are loose, there's two plugs to take apart and the door latch mechanism connector.

Reaction score
took the door panel off & white rubber piece and nothing looked out of place or broken. Took a video but not sure how to attach, Thanks !

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Did you try using the door lock remote to see if it's moving or just making noise?

DaGrinch

Reaction score
I have thew same issue with my '06 Limited. In doing this research, sure sounds like a new/used actuator is the solution.

Reaction score
2007 Jeep Liberty, when locking or unlocking the doors the drivers door lock makes a very loud noise and the drivers door does not lock but 3 other doors do lock. I can manually lock drivers door but it will not lock with key fob etc. My research on this says its probably the door lock actuator or a fuse, when trying to buy the actuator I only see it for the passenger front door ? Anyone have a similar problem ??
Did you ever end up finding the front driver side actuator? I'm having the same problem. You can buy everything else other than the front driver for 06-07.