Dome lights stay on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever had their dome lights stay on even after the car is on all all doors are closed?

This happened to me twice.

I got in the car, started driving, and noticed the dome lights were on. All doors and the rear tail gate were closed. When I got to my destination and I turned off the car, the lights went off and returned to working normally.

I didn't have the lights on from the turn signal knob, nor was the rear lights on at the button on the ceiling.

Just an odd situation that happened in two different situations.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens if you switch on the lights before you move off by pressing one.

Happened to me once, bit spastic - but learnt my lesson.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup.. everyone has always called me crazy. But my inside lights come on ALL the time.. My dad can be going to work at 6am and they are on? He just pulls the handle and they go off.. Even if the jeep is locked? Its very odd? And of course the dealers think Im crazy.. ive went to two different ones.. :-s

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto with mine,Now when I lock the KJ I pull on the door handle before I leave,Had the lights stay on all night long a couple of times before.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed mine stay on like that occasionally...always go out when I hit the lock button on the keyless entry though. =D>

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine do it as well, but I've replaced my stock bulbs with hi-intensity red LEDs so I'm not real concerned about them running the battery down overnight. And they do go completely off when I lock the doors (after the standard 10-15 sec. wait).