Does your Liberty lean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody jeep

Reaction score
I noticed my 2009 Liberty leans to the left. It's about a 1/2" or more lower on the left and the dealer says that it normal. The service guy said the tech told him all Libertys are lower on the left. Is that true, or am I being BS'ed?

woody jeep

Reaction score
It sounds like BS to me. I've got to get a real answer on this ASAP before I bring the rental back and pick the KK back up.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're a big feller and drive alone, it's possible that the springs are more compressed on that side after years of driving on the stock struts and springs. But 'naturally' leaning to the left? Sounds like B.S. to me.

woody jeep

Reaction score
If you're a big feller and drive alone, it's possible that the springs are more compressed on that side after years of driving on the stock struts and springs. But 'naturally' leaning to the left? Sounds like B.S. to me.

No, they are saying it is "designed" that way, 1/2" to 1" lower on the left. I'm not letting it go at that obviously.
I just got off the phone with the service writer and had him measure one on the lot; sure enough, it's level! I'll update tomorrow when I get more answers.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be level. Is the bumper/facia crooked giving an "illusion" that it is lower on the drivers side??? I am reaching here but in my opinion it should be level.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a Jeep thing,really it is,almost every Jeep I see leans to the left somewhat.Plus the drivers side is heavier then the passenger side anyways(not including the driver).

Are you sure???.....

Dave

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a Jeep thing,really it is,almost every Jeep I see leans to the left somewhat.Plus the drivers side is heavier then the passenger side anyways(not including the driver).

That's 'cause you tilt your head to the right. rofl2.gif

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a quick measure on my KJ. It doesn't have a gangsta lean. I feel cheated.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
tjkj is right, go out and start measuring every KJ/KK you see and I bet a doughnut to a horseshoe :rolleyes:at least 90 % will be a little lower. Some are not as noticeable to the naked eye but they are

Boblemoche

Reaction score
mine does that too. its true that the kk comes standard with a left heavy driver and gas tank but I think the front sway bar is to blame here. I cranked my left springs more than the right ones and it still lean to the left even with a empty gas tank and no one inside

WarER4X

Reaction score
My '09 KK seems to lean to the left when parked level, but only sometimes. The way it settles seems to vary from one parking job to the next. It may very well be how much fuel I have in the tank (a full tank would have ~140# of fuel in it). Also, if you're looking at the KK from the rear, the slant of the panard bar can make it look like it is leaning more than it really is (sort of an optical illusion).

-SR-

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj is right, go out and start measuring every KJ/KK you see and I bet a doughnut to a horseshoe :rolleyes:at least 90 % will be a little lower. Some are not as noticeable to the naked eye but they are

So would KJ's sold in the UK (right hand drive) lean right? (dunno)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So would KJ's sold in the UK (right hand drive) lean right? (dunno)

All things being equal......Yes!!:D

Most vehicles coming off a assembly line of robots are never true...many autobody guys have seen a new car not line up square on the frame jigs, they are given an approximate number spec range for re-straightening.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which way would it lean if you're in Australia? Right, or would it be upside down? (dunno) :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.