Does the r428 and the r425 use the same engine thermostat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

MAKER OF CRD SERVICEABLE THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLIES
Reaction score
Does anyone out in JEEPKJ Country know absolutely 100% for sure if the engine thermostat assembly in the V.M. Motori R428 engine is the same one in the V.M. Motori R425 engine?

I understand clearly that the R428 is a direct descendant of the R425; but they may use different thermostat assemblies, or that somehow the R425 uses a normal thermostat valve.

I am trying to determine if I can market the Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 engine thermostat assembly to R425 owners as well as R428 owners.
You must be registered for see images attach

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

MAKER OF CRD SERVICEABLE THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLIES
Reaction score
I think the mystery is solved...

O.K... I think I can safely say after all that I and the other Jeff have discovered in our research, both the V.M. Motori R425 and R428 turbo-diesel engines in Jeep Liberty and Cherokee vehicles throughout the world use the same engine thermostat assembly.

This means that R425 owners likely suffer the same cold running issues that R428 owners have had to deal with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online