Disconnected Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis E. Perez

Reaction score
I replaced the windshield water pump and found this unplugged cable. Couldn't
You must be registered for see images
find what is. All lights are working properly. Can someone help me?

Attachments

• 20190713_131728.jpg
    20190713_131728.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 27

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
A better description of this plugs location? Is it close to the windshield washer pump?
A wider photo of the area may help....

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say from that picture but the water reservoir for the wipers has a rubber fitting on its side with a plug much like that plug. This connects to an assembly inside the tank that issues a warning when water level drops below a certain level.
The sensor consists of a reed switch I think...may be a Hall Effect switch...which operates when a magnet pivots towards it to show water is low.
The section that pivots with the magnet on my Jeep has come off and is lying in my cargo area so I will not be warned when water runs low...will fit it one day when I get the energy.;)

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has been disconnected for a while!

This. There is just as much dust and dirt on the connector as there is on the remainder of the plug. Not all vehicles use all plugs and wires in the harness, even among the same model. Varying trim packages, accessories, deleted parts that are no longer installed/in use....