did sandy hit you hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck you all the northeast memebers. Sandy hit really hard in my area. Boats in houses down the road and boats in the streets houses burned down and body recovery still in progress... hope everyone is ok

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, NY/NJ got it bad downstate. My heart goes out to all those down there.

I am too far Upstate NY and we got nothing to speak of up north of Albany. If it wasn't for the news I wouldn't have even known there was a storm judgeing by the weather up here. We were lucky up here.

Glad you are ok.

Dave

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, NY/NJ got it bad downstate. My heart goes out to all those down there.

I am too far Upstate NY and we got nothing to speak of up north of Albany. If it wasn't for the news I wouldn't have even known there was a storm judgeing by the weather up here. We were lucky up here.

Glad you are ok.

Dave

You didn't have the wind? We had it here in Northwest Northern Michigan. Seen some damage. Metal roofs peeled up and an old barn collapsed. Power outages in some areas most likely from trees hitting.
Minor to NY NJ but just shows how strong that Sandy was.
Sad.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't have the wind? We had it here in Northwest Northern Michigan. Seen some damage. Metal roofs peeled up and an old barn collapsed. Power outages in some areas most likely from trees hitting.
Minor to NY NJ but just shows how strong that Sandy was.
Sad.

Not much wind. Mild wind gusts blew some leaves and twigs off of trees in the yard and down the street. No power outages. The rain barely wet the ground. I had 2 stacks of tomato cages standing up behind the garage that I forgot about and the wind didn't blow them over......go figure.

I spent a lot of time tarping firewood stacks, tying down stuff, etc and nothing happened. Got lucky here. But I am Upstate (closer to Canada than NYC).

Dave

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It was pretty windy here in Chicago (no pun intended) for a couple of days... not quite to the degree that Cherrie is talking about, but took some bigger tree limbs down in places.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was inland South Jersey in Gloucester County. Didn't get hit too hard here some power outages and broken tree branches. My heart goes out to those on at the shore, saw the destruction on the news isn't pretty at all.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im right on the bay in brick twp. We got ******! Sorry for the language but f@#k doesnt do it justice. Luckily me and my pops rebuilt 7 years ago and added 2 blocks more to the foundation then was required. The water came within an inch of my front door so god bless my fathers soul.. he new what he was doing for sure. Ill post some pictures around my house, its unreal...

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My area was in a sweet spot. Except for something bouncing off my house, my home came out unscratched. My light flicker a few times, but most of my village never lost power.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and now on top of it, a nor'easter...I really hope everyone at least has heat back, and they're not getting the snow we're getting in CT right now...on a positive note, nothing like back roads, virgin snow, and a KJ :happy107:

You must be registered for see images

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snow is great! not only is it fun to drive in but the over time gets me caught up on bills.

heres a few pics of sandys tantrum on my area

You must be registered for see images attach

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJ where are you located? Sorry to see such devastation. :\ I'm in Northwest Jersey and lost power for about a week.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJ where are you located? Sorry to see such devastation. :\ I'm in Northwest Jersey and lost power for about a week.

I live in brick right on the bay. In 23 years i have NEVER seen anything like this, def one for the record books.

Latest posts

Members online