Did my trans filters and fluid. Now I am worried

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. After work tonight I figured would be a good time to start getting my fluids changed before the white stuff falls. First thing I notice is the abundance of RTV on the pan. I got the pan off and just as I thought its all squeezed in on the inside. I think I found all of it and am reasonably sure none of it made its way where it shouldn't have. So I stick the pan in our Cuda (parts steamer) and go to do the filters. Come to find the large flat one whomever did this last put two seals on it. Now I get to wondering what kind of person did this and did they at least use atf+3/+4? Not sure when or where it was done but I may try to find that out. Been kicking around the idea of having it all flushed out somewhere as we do not have an ATF machine at work. What do you guys and gals think?

Anyway on the plus side I got the pan sand blasted and primered for now. Was getting a little rusty. Gonna undercoat it this week.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
If it was not acting poorly before,I think it will be ok. A flush and another filter change would not hurt anything.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was not acting poorly before,I think it will be ok. A flush and another filter change would not hurt anything.

Yeah I did that last night. I just get paranoid when I find out someone did a poor job on something when I go in to it the next time.

Latest posts

Members online