Did First Five Tire Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally rolled over 6k, so time for my first five tire rotation. I had purchased a small hydraulic floor jack. It worked fine in the back, but it didn't raise enough by placing it directly on the frame behind the front tire. I might need to look for a different solution for the next time.

What kind of a jack is everyone else using?

But anyway, I am looking forward to burning up the stock tires and getting something like Revos! I'm interested in seeing how much wear that the stocks will have at 12k.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I have a 2 ton floor jack I purchased not too long ago from Northern Tool and Equipment. Works great for jacking ONE tire up at a time, but not big, nor strong enough, to raise the entire vehicle at once. Plus, i don't really have time to rotate my own tires any more, so I just let the stealership do it while they got it for a free oil change.

BTW, I'm at 22K and still on the SRA's. Still have minimal wear on them, so don't get too excited about Revo's just yet....LOL

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and looked at the box of the floor jack, and it says a max. of 16 3/4. So, to do it properly (ie. place the jack on the frame behind the front wheel), I need a stand that goes up a little higher. Sigh...

Yes, maybe I should let the dealer do it, but on JU I had heard complaints about getting them to do a five tire, and do it correctly. It's not that big of a deal to do it on my own. It got me out of helping the wife to plant some new shrubs, lol.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i've tried twice to get my dealer to do it..apperantly they can only count up to 4..so i ended up doing it myself....

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer not to rotate the tires, that way I can see if there is a suspension or alignment problem.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me doing mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have 2 6 ton jack stands and a 2 ton aluminium floor jack. both craftsman.

All my craftsman goodies and all the jeeps.

You must be registered for see images attach

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you just want Jon to bring out the photochopped pic of your Jeep hovering over the ground as it is affected by the Force don't you..... \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just remembered it from before and thought it was funny at the time, and everytime you have brought out that pic, the photochopped pic shows up again =D>

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
you just want Jon to bring out the photochopped pic of your Jeep hovering over the ground as it is affected by the Force don't you..... \:D/

heh, i'll keep that in the garage for now......

that is definitly a classic....not makin raggin on anyone or anything..but seriously..i just couldnt help but to use the force on it... (whistle)

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogie hate to dissapoint you I have 40 000miles on my Badyears and i could probably get another 10 out of em b4 they need changing ](*,)

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I only got 30000 miles out of the stock tires....which I thought was great, given how bad I thought they were :-k

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fouros said:
grogie hate to dissapoint you I have 40 000miles on my Badyears and i could probably get another 10 out of em b4 they need changing ](*,)

Dang! 50k?! I want just 30k... five rotations. That's probably four years away. Way too long...

mhx

Reaction score
stupid question but whats the pattern for a 5 tire rotate?

im thinking about getting a libby been reading alot of stuff on these boards.

Members online

No members online now.