did factory offer locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spacomponents

Reaction score
did the factory ever offer a limited slip diff, locker, or posi in Renegades or any Liberty?

reason I ask is it means we could snag one out of a junkyard if they did.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limited slip only.. It was an option on any liberty.

Your best bet would be to get a powertrax No-Slip locker or a True-Trac limited slip.

spacomponents

Reaction score
thanks. what do you think it costs for either, including installation at a good shop?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. what do you think it costs for either, including installation at a good shop?

If you are going to pay to have one installed then I would go with one that replaces the carrier not a "lunch box locker"
I know that some people love them IMO they are just not worth it
and if you want true locker then ARB or Detroit are the way to go
they will be smother and out last and axel shaft in a fight

IF you do not want the "funny" handeling of a locker and dont want to drop $1000+ after install then go tru-trac but keep in mind that it is limited
I.E. Limited slip
Lift a wheel off the ground and it will be ALMOST useless

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift a wheel off the ground and it will be ALMOST useless
If you put it in the rear a little e-brake action will "fool" it into being a locker.The TT is a way better choice then the lunch box style lockers anyday,much stronger and has way better on road manners and works just as good.Also the TT has no clutchs in it to wear out and does not require any special friction modifier.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the powertrax No-Slip and have very few complaints about it. It does handle alittle strange and barks the tires at certain times, but its much better than a LS would ever be offroad.

Powertrax=$400 before install
ARB=around $800 depending on where you get it.. Also before install

nfmisso

Reaction score
In MN, about $500-600 for installation only, add the amounts above for a rough total.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In MN, about $500-600 for installation only, add the amounts above for a rough total.
WOW,better be looking for another place for install,now if that's for F/R installs then that's good,but for just the rear,WOW. It's only about $250 in SD,about $350 for the ARB,since the pumkin needs to be drilled and tapped.

spacomponents

Reaction score
I was quoted 6 to 8 hours at $80 an hour by the Frankenlift guys, just one diff, just the labor, not parts.

Latest posts

Members online