Developed a hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBentwrench

Reaction score
Hello friends. This last week a hesitation has developed in my 2006 Liberty 3.7 . As I am cruising down the highway, 55-65 mph, every now and then the jeep will momentarily feel like it loses power. It reminds me of hitting a soft spot on a chip and seal road, only I am on a highway. just lasts for a second, and then resumes. May do it once in thirty miles, may do it every twenty seconds for 3 or 4 times and not do it again for a while. No codes are thrown, and transmission fluid looks nice and pink. Does not feel like an engine misfire, feels more like a momentary increased load on the engine. any thoughts?

DinkyDauBilly

Reaction score
Hello friends. This last week a hesitation has developed in my 2006 Liberty 3.7 . As I am cruising down the highway, 55-65 mph, every now and then the jeep will momentarily feel like it loses power. It reminds me of hitting a soft spot on a chip and seal road, only I am on a highway. just lasts for a second, and then resumes. May do it once in thirty miles, may do it every twenty seconds for 3 or 4 times and not do it again for a while. No codes are thrown, and transmission fluid looks nice and pink. Does not feel like an engine misfire, feels more like a momentary increased load on the engine. any thoughts?
Did you ever figure out what the problem is/was? I'm having a similar experience. It's as you describe, but also I have random dying on normal acceleration from a stop, as at an intersection. No codes, and everything looks normal. Mine is a 2002 Sport 3.7. Fluids are normal. I found some deteriorated vacuum hoses which I replaced; no change on behavior.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on Kj? Battery cables free of corrosion & tight? How old is battery? Holds 12.5 volts overnight?
Stalling not good. Start with fuel pressure testing then.
Spark plug gaps get eaten away quickly, replace every 25k.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online