Detailed the KL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I did Meg's Ultimate polish the Duragloss 111 mixed with 601 and just wiped down the interior.
You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The KL looks very clean there HJ, nice work! How many miles on it now?
I know the KJ is probably your winter choice, but what brand tires came on the KL?
Are they 17's?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! It has 18s on it...some Continental tire, not sure what it is actually. It's basically a car tire. Want someone to develop a lift kit to improve the ride so I can put bigger tires on it to calm the ride down.

I have 17000 miles on it now...it's actually excellent in the snow. It'll go through about any snow that I've found, the 4WD system works well. The KJ does better in snow off road obviously, but for most winter driving the KL works just as well if not a little easier to drive because of traction control and stuff. The limiting factor is the ground clearance and approach angle, those will get you stuck before traction is even an issue. The KJ is the opposite I think.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
18's nice, Continental tires are good street tires, I don't know if they have a MS or snowflake rating so...
I enlarged one of your tire pics. Looks like Continental Pro Contact. Are there more letters after Pro Contact?

Yes I would want larger tires too, but could be a while waiting for the lift.
17k miles already, sounds like fun to me!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Procontact, yep that's them. They have the M+S but no snowflake. They are good street tires. I actually don't really think there are many all terrains to fit it, yet.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You got that right. A 2" lift would really make it look great I think. I just want what the KJ got, enough lift to make it look not stock and a better ride.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read that some KL owners have had good luck with what is essentially a clevis lift plus larger tires to net at least 1" of lift, which the Trailhawk has from the factory.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be happy with that but my main gripe is the ride, I can hardly drink a cup of coffee in it without wearing it. I don't really plan to wheel it so the ground clearance is ok as is. I just wish OME would come up with something, I had the same gripe with the KJ too.