Destination A/T's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amarony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Destinations

Curious myself. Some good comments on tirerack about them but I'd like to hear from a Libery owner how they hold up. Was looking at those to replace my stocks.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on my KJ. Not too many miles on them, but I assume they are holding up well. They survived a week in Moab. Traction is good, wet or dry. Overall they are 10x better than the goodyears. They ride better and feels more stable. Never really had a traction problem with them in Moab.

My only grip with them is there is some chips and cuts in the lugs, a little more than I would like. I'm not sure if any other A/T would have held up better. The cuts and chips are from wheeling HARD not street driving. I guess when a tire spins on a sharp rock ledge they get torn up. If you are not going to wheel them HARD then they are a great tire. But if you are going to wheel HARD you should probably get M/T.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased 5 new P235/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's....had them on the '02 Liberty Sport and liked them well enough to put'em on the '05 Liberty Limited CRD. They're the best tire on the market as far as I'm concerned.
Greg

You must be registered for see images

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
gsbrockman said:
I just purchased 5 new P235/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's....had them on the '02 Liberty Sport and liked them well enough to put'em on the '05 Liberty Limited CRD. They're the best tire on the market as far as I'm concerned.
Greg

they (Revo's) are and still are my first choice, but at 114 per tire, it's just too much for me to afford at the moment. the destinations have good ratings also, and are only 79/tire.

Boaz

Reaction score
gsbrockman said:
Greg

I plan on buying a set of Revos myself when the wranglers wear out. I have heard nothing but good about them.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Got them IN!!!!

I'll take better pics tomorrow, i was already parked, and i couldnt get any wider than those....
but anyway, pics dont do justice, these tires make the KJ (heck any tire other than the stock) so much nicer....

drive home from shop to my house (bout 3 miles stop and go)....pretty good..but I wont know till i take her out on the highway and when it gets wet..i'll put in my findings after it happens

Amarony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice

I love the look! I'm still hankering to get those Destinations or Revos. Please keep in touch as far as how they ride!

Also, what size did you go with? 235's?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: Nice

Amarony said:
I love the look! I'm still hankering to get those Destinations or Revos. Please keep in touch as far as how they ride!

If I had the extra cash, i wouldve gone for the Revo's, but at 79/tire at tire rack, these are a GREAT deal.

Yes, I went w/ 235/75/16, was contemplating on 245's, but Bennett adviced against them.

I will definitly post up in about a week or so....

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
my next tire will be those... actually I might order those for my stock tires for the summer.

Amarony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Nice

SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
Amarony said:

If I had the extra cash, i wouldve gone for the Revo's, but at 79/tire at tire rack, these are a GREAT deal.

Yes, I went w/ 235/75/16, was contemplating on 245's, but Bennett adviced against them.

I will definitly post up in about a week or so....

Yeah at that price they are a helluva bargain. I'm playing with the idea of getting the Destinations and then using the money saved to help get a Rusty's combo or full coil lift and then go with 245's. Hard to argue with the way those look and the cost. I read some nice comments about them on Tirerack awhile back also.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Destination A/T's would have been my 2nd choice; I got such a great deal on the REVO's, I could not pass them up.
Greg

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what was the reason for not going 245/70/r16 i am due for tyres soon and am thinking that size if i dont get my lift in b4 hand

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
fouros said:
what was the reason for not going 245/70/r16 i am due for tyres soon and am thinking that size if i dont get my lift in b4 hand

some rubbing issues, and gas mileage....(according to Bennett anyway)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
fouros said:
cool

thanks for that, decisions decisions, how is the ride on the new tyres you got to test em yet?

not so much, didnt have much time to do so. the drive from my mechanic to my house (about 3 or so miles stop and go) was pretty good, it seems it held the corners better...it did feel a bit more stable...