Dead Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ande1156

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I am new KK owner, and we just recently purchased an 08 Liberty Sport 4x4. We haven't had any issues over the past few days, but today I went to start it and the battery was dead? I know that the KJ's had some battery issues, but I couldn't find anything on KK's.

Nothing has been abnormal about operation of the vehicle, nor were any lights left on inside. The battery seemed to die on its own? Lastly, the only other thing I have noticed is when I lock the vehicle it takes some time for the headlights to shut off.

Any input is appreciated!

Regards,
Kyle

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet that your battery is around 4 years old and at the end of its life cycle. Replace it and see if your problem continues.

As far as the headlights, if it is anything like the KJ, try turning the lights off before you shut off the vehicle. On mine if you turn the lights off after the Jeep is turned off, they stay on for about 30 seconds. You should be able to turn them on and then turn them off again and they will be off off.

And welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and lots of cool folks... mainly (except all the Canucks on here; you gotta watch out for them :D ).

Latest posts

Members online