Daystar / Old Man Emu hybrid ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here is a Q for you

just want some thoughts

if i was to install a Daystar 2 1/2" lift in the front and an OME rear spring 40mm and add some extra rear spring isolators to even it out, Do you guys think there would be a problem with that?

i throw myself on the mercy of the forum

or what about shaving the front puck down half an inch?

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frankin lift thingie is a daystar/ome hydrid on the front and skyjacker on the rear......... I think your way should work.

Ian

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea it seems what you're doing would work ok..

Bennett

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.5+1.5 is 4 inches of lift. That would probably be a bit too much in the front of the KJ and in the back you will most likely need some longer adjustable control arms. Around 2.5-3" is the max lift that is recommended. Try a daystar 1.5" spacer in the front that is what the franken lift uses.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddo said:
2.5+1.5 is 4 inches of lift. That would probably be a bit too much in the front of the KJ and in the back you will most likely need some longer adjustable control arms. Around 2.5-3" is the max lift that is recommended. Try a daystar 1.5" spacer in the front that is what the franken lift uses.

i guess i should have written it a bit clearer eddo

Front: I am looking at a Daystar 2 1/2 " lift ( maybe shaving down the puck 1/4 to 1/2" ) Its VERY hard to find a daystar lift in AUS so i have grabbed it with both hands

Rear: 40mm 1 1/2" Old Man emu springs with an extra isolator OR daystar 2 1/2" puck

i guess i am trying to find out if anyone thinks that a daystar 2 1/2 "puck at the front and an OME 1/12 rear spring would give me crap handling or look too nose high

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fouros said:
Eddo said:

i guess i should have written it a bit clearer eddo

Front: I am looking at a Daystar 2 1/2 " lift ( maybe shaving down the puck 1/4 to 1/2" ) Its VERY hard to find a daystar lift in AUS so i have grabbed it with both hands

Rear: 40mm 1 1/2" Old Man emu springs with an extra isolator OR daystar 2 1/2" puck

i guess i am trying to find out if anyone thinks that a daystar 2 1/2 "puck at the front and an OME 1/12 rear spring would give me crap handling or look too nose high

Sorry for the confusion. Check out my reply on the lost board. You should be fine with the Daystar front and OME rear.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look what turned up in the mail today =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ leghump.gif leghump.gif lol3.gif mj.gif leghump.gif

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

i am going to set my little theory out with the Puck up front and the OME spring in the rear

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, let me know how it turns out.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After finding out my Daystar lift didnt come with the stem Cushions and not wanting to risk my suspension ( i average between 600 - 800 miles a week )

i bit the bullet and purchased a set of OME medium Duty front springs that will be going on this weekend

stand buy for pictures of a lifted aussie KJ and maye a Daystar Lift 4 sale on EBAY