Dash Back together but No Ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, after installing the new heater core and putting the dash back together, I inserted the key and the only thing that works are the hazard lights. Odometer lights up and the CD player engages but that's it. All connectors are together as well.. Thoughts?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me doing my heater core a few years ago. Check the main dash harness’s ground screws where they attach behind the left drivers feet kick panel. After attaching them, everything functioned normally.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! That will be the first thing tomorrow in the daylight. Truly "shade tree" mechanic operation.

More info: battery is fully charged. Headlights, hazards, brake lights, fog lights, and running lights work. Overhead light comes on, warning "ding" comes one whe headlights are on. CD "humms" but no radio life other than that. Won't start, no dash activity at all.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question: my Haynes manual shows panels under the dash above where the driver and passenger feet would be. My '06 Sport has never had them but I bought it used in 2011. Should I have these or are these only in the nicer models?

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to check the fuses in the cabin and under the hood to see if any accidentally blew, too. Did you disconnect the battery before changing out the core?

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it turns out I forgot to tighten the 10mm bolt that holds the massive connector at the drivers left foot. Thank you guys for pointing me in this direction!

Now to flush the engine before contaminating my new radiator and heater core. Which should be fun in 40 degrees.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.