Dalton KJ Renegade Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, heres the story. My Liberty was built in 2005, sold to Carmax, and my dad bought it in 2007. When he first bought it, it had 45,342 miles on it- as of toady it has 73,231. My dad always wanted an XJ Cherokee, so for 4 months leading up to my 16th birthday I Jeep-stalked craiglist everyday trying to find a nice, used Cherokee, with an affordable price tag so i could get the Liberty- I was given a set price of $2,900. If i could find one in good working order for $2,900 or less, my dad said he would look into buying it seeing as he had always wanted one. After LITERALLY having craiglist set as my homepage for 4 months, i found a nice Cherokee with price set at 3,000. I e-mailed the guy and asked if he would take $2,900 and he said yes. My dad and I drove an hour the next day and looked at it- 3 hours later my dad was a proud owner of a Jeep Cherokee, and I the evenly proud, almost owner of a Jeep Liberty.

That was a little over a year ago, and I have been mowing lawns, babysitting, and doing other manual labor for money for the past 6 months to purchase a lift. July 19th was my birthday and my present from my parents was the promise that when i got her lifted, I would get a new set for 265/70/16 Treadwright MTs. Here are the pictures i have so far.

So far I have the following:
JBA Top Plates, Rear Isolators, Rear Bumptops, Front Teraflex Bumpstops, and Conduit Nuts
You must be registered for see images attach

Rancho RS5764 Front Struts

Rancho RS5147 Rear Stock Durango length

I should have the money for the springs ready to go in the next week seeing as i have $300, and just need to S&H money.

This will be a slow build, but i will post pics whenever they are taken. I should hopefully be lifted with Man tires in about a month :D
-Dalton

Last edited:

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light Offroading

My friend and I took the Jeep out to some local trails, heres some pics. Notice the cut front bumper:D

Rear Flexed:

Cody going down a hill into a dip:

Going up:

Thats all, Ill post more as things happen, hopefully i should be lifted with Man tires in less then a month!
-Dalton

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, very good job, it means more when you've worked for it and earned it. then you see how it pays off

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About that manual labor, the groups of usually Mexican men that you seeing speeding around mowing lawns- I have never respected what they do and how hard they work as much as i do now. They are crazy fast and super hard workers.(bowdown)
Thank y'all for the compliments, and it was actually just north of Dallas, Tx. Not actually an offroad park, more like a lightly used trail some Wranglers made when it gets muddy.
I have 4 lawns to mow on Monday and Tuesday, and then the OME springs will be ordered! (woot)
-Dalton

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good on ya Dalton. You'll be surprised at how much more something means to you when you've worked hard to get it. Reading about how you've managed to get your mods give me hope for kids everywhere. Congratulations.

Hard work is it's own reward, but so is the cash to get the lift :D

Now go and check out the "Renegades only" thread. It's where all the cool kids hang out.

Last edited:

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few new things:

1. I just ordered the FINAL PIECE of my OME/Rancho kit! Ordered the 927/948 springs for DPG offroad. hump.gif(partysmile)

2. I was pulled over for the first time last night, and it scared the living crap outta me- not because of the ticket, but because of having to tell my dad, who is ironically a cop. I went mudding last night with some friends, and apparently a bulb in my tail light was knocked loose during the fun. I was pulled over and told if i was caught without a drivers side tail light again it would be a ticket. Phew, i felt so lucky.

Anyways, thought i should put it on here that after 6+ months of saving up, the lift is completely purchased.
-Dalton

Midgear

Reaction score
every time I see a thread like this, it makes me want to modify mine eek2.gif

keep the mods comin little feller!

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments, I'll be in Colorado with my family until August 8th. A friend of mine will pick the springs up when they arrive so they don't get stolen, and as soon as i get back- were lifting it. I cant wait:D
Ill post pics of the install, but i wont be on for about a week and a half.
-Dalton

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Renne and Members Journal Dalton.

Dave

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else has said, good on you!
Much respect.

Two things to help out a little bit:
-hose off the mud well after you go playing in it and it will be nice when doing your lift not to have to deal with a lot of caked on dirt.
-a day before or a few hours before spray some penetrating oil or even wd40 on the bolts you're gonna be loosening. It made the job noticeably easier for me.

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recieved my OME Springs in the mail from DPG Offroad! Very fast shipping!
Anyway ive been working on the back for about 3 hours- had to borrow a friends bottle jack. Ill be finishing it up with the front tomorrow, it looks visibly much taller already and i think i am IN LOVEleghump.gif
Ill post up pics of the front and the Jeep itself when its light out and im done

Last edited:

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONE!

OME 927/948 Springs
Rancho Front and Rear Shocks
1 upper iso per side
JBA 1/4 Strut plate
3 ring clevis

:D