Cylinder head source???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a good source based on experience and quality. I've googled and many come up. I've seen Moore's, Spartan, American and a few others available for a decent price at places like NAPA and Advanced. I've got to replace my heads this spring. Toasted some things with an overheat a while back and now a lot of top end noise.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Well that's the thing. I see most part store ones are around 400-500 which is high to me but if people have good things to say about them I'd give them a try. I was sort of hoping for 300 apiece but don't want crap.

I actually looked around at salvage stuff thinking I'd rebuild or have them rebuilt (I have a good machine shop close by) but like the plug and play idea.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sell ported heads as a pair for $975 before a core charge. If that's not too much that's the path I'd take.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
The sell ported heads as a pair for $975 before a core charge. If that's not too much that's the path I'd take.

Hadn't thought about that. Upper end of what I'd like to spend on heads for a 160k engine. Really surprised none of the salvage places have any 3.7s for pieces. Such a popular engine. Of course if they are salvage, good chance they've already been overheated.

If it stops snowing again I have to check for some bottom end noise I thought I heard earlier this week. If the bottom end is going, I guess a new engine is in the near future.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airram has them. I got some for my 4.7 when I had my dodge. Not 100% on the availability of the 3.7 heads though. They have Economy heads and race heads. Economy heads are ported but have stock springs and such.

Members online

No members online now.