Cyl 5 Misfire - Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylon

Reaction score
07 Liberty - 3.7L - around 190k
Long story short check engine light popped up, ran codes and got cyl 5 misfire and random/multi misfire, I would get a rough idle and the exhaust would putter/backfire at idle however vehicle seems to run better when at medium to high rpm besides slight misfiring happening. Changed all spark plugs and cyl 5 coil pack, problem went away for a week, light came back and problems started again so I put injector cleaner in (still running it through), changed cyl 5 plug once again, listened to the cyl 5 injector and it seems to be operating normally. I also unplugged maf sensor etc and checked for dirty connections (all seemed clean). Now I'm planning on taking off the TB and cleaning it as I saw that being a potential issue after researching, but besides this I was planning on checking for vaccum leaks and potentially taking out the injectors to inspect closer... final options gonna be to take it in for compression/leak down test etc. Anyone else have this issue before? If so could you help shed some light for me.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After plugs and coil didn't fix it, compression test should have been next.

Do that... probably a collapsed valve lifter in this case.

Latest posts

Members online