Cv axle problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brawkzlit

Reaction score
So I recentaly replace my cv axles on both sides on my 2006 Jeep Liberty I did install an ome lift kit on it also so that’s probably my problem there but everything was good until I got an alignment ,my drivers side cv ball bearing must’ve popped out and little and now the boot is twisted around the ball bearings and the boot is destroyed, slight vibration now and clucks on that side, would I be alright untwisting the boot for a while or does anyone know a way to fix this issues with maybe a longer driver side cv? Not sure how to find one

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
FIRST question did you replace the Intermediate Shaft
if not you need to buy a new CV and intermediate shaft
There are NO longer passenger side CVs
I've ran a 4.5 inch with stock length shafts with no issues

Last edited:

Brawkzlit

Reaction score
I didn’t replace that because there was no play in the intermediate shaft and everything look good, I did replace the passages side intermediate shaft because of the cv being froze to it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you replaced the passenger side intermediate shaft then you did replace the intermediate shaft that Tom is talking about. There is only 1.

Did you make sure the replacement cv was the same length as the stock unit?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you bought a cheap CV from any of the Zones etc , there in lies your problem

Brawkzlit

Reaction score
If you replaced the passenger side intermediate shaft then you did replace the intermediate shaft that Tom is talking about. There is only 1.

Did you make sure the replacement cv was the same length as the stock unit?
No I didn’t I just slapped them on, but I guess imma need a new one from where should I buy them from