Custom HID Projectors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been active on this forum for a while, but I recently did a big upgrade to my Liberty and I wanted to share. My single favorite mod so far, enjoy!

Morimoto D2S projectors, Morimoto 3FIVE HID system with 6K bulbs, MC-R shrouds, Morimoto LED angel eyes behind the shrouds, 3M paint protection film. Custom installation by LightModz in Paterson, NJ.

You must be registered for see images attach

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Very nice!
Although it's hard to get used to seeing a KJ with dilated "pupils" looks like she's whacked out on something :happy175:

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About $1171. The quality and craftsmanship is outstanding.
I also bought brand new headlights for the installation for about $80.

holy shit thats a lot of money, looks badass though

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy shit thats a lot of money, looks badass though

Yes, it was difficult for me to justify the price after the initial quote by LightModz, but once they showed me what they could do and the work they had done for other customers I was sold. I don't regret it at all. Don't forget that the price included labor. Yeah, maybe I could have attempted the install myself, but these guys are professionals and it looks amazing. Well worth the money in my opinion, but everyone has different priorities. My Jeep has 135K miles and this seems more beneficial than a lift kit at this point.

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No decent output pictures yet, just a ****** cell phone pic. No comparison to OEM. So much better in every way.

Loki007420

Reaction score
they look great!!! ive been thinking about doing some HID's in my KJ.. But wow $1171, is alot.. no way i could get my old lady to approve a purchase like that.. Ive been looking at some kits and cant decide on one..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
they look great!!! ive been thinking about doing some HID's in my KJ.. But wow $1171, is alot.. no way i could get my old lady to approve a purchase like that.. Ive been looking at some kits and cant decide on one..

Listen to your old lady
not worth it
If you think you have to do it spend the money and do it right
Those cheap a** kits aren't worth what it cost to mail them to you

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks!! Keep in mind the $1171 included angel eyes and labor. The actual parts came to much less ($505). So if you're willing to attempt the install yourself, it's really not that bad. All parts were from theretrofitsource.com

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was difficult for me to justify the price after the initial quote by LightModz, but once they showed me what they could do and the work they had done for other customers I was sold. I don't regret it at all. Don't forget that the price included labor. Yeah, maybe I could have attempted the install myself, but these guys are professionals and it looks amazing. Well worth the money in my opinion, but everyone has different priorities. My Jeep has 135K miles and this seems more beneficial than a lift kit at this point.

got that right i dropped 1500 on new computer set up. monitor, printer and the actual computer itself, thing is a beast. now i gotta work on the truck

Blake Hagler

Reaction score
Hey I got a question about your projectors you used. I'm thinking about getting someone to make some for my 2002 Jeep liberty renegade. Will the Morimoto mini D2S 3.0 Work with my head light housing? They should be the same as yours. Yours looks sick for real man!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't modding Truck-Lite LED's to fit/work be a better & cheaper route? Not sure of what would be involved though.