Okay, I finally have something worth posting some pics of. It's not finished yet but I got a few coats of paint on the done parts. The steel plate is 3/16" I'm waiting on my tax return to get some LED turn signal/markers to replace those chunky factory units. Next I'm going to make some brackets and mount a bull bar/brush guard, then I'm adding my front integrated skid. Later on I'll open up the bumper to the left and right of the ball hitch mounts and install some 3" fog lights. Maybe eventually I'll be cool enough to own a winch too. Many thanks to Durangotang for pioneering this idea. I also used the Backbone winch mount as inspiration. I wanted to expand upon what he discovered with the ball hitch mounts and see if I could build a viable recovery setup. By looking at pic #3 you'll see the two vertical and two horizontal bolts holding the unit to the unibody. Drilling these holes was probably the sketchiest part as there are a lot of vulnerable parts in the area. I used a piece of .5" steel bar to fit between the ball hitch mounts and hold the horizontal bolts, making the two units into one. Ironically a TJ winch plate made for the factory bumper has about the perfect span length to fit on top of the ball mounts as well, and already has the correct spacing. I was given an old brush guard for a '80s ford something-or-other, so I chopped it up and used it for the skid plate framing. I still have a lot of reinforcing to do, and some more plate work in addition to light pods but I'll get there.