Custom Bumper Cover...Skid Plate...Thing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I bought my KJ Renegade it had a front tow receiver on the front. I was going to remove it and buy new tow hooks but decided to just leave it on and try and get creative and cover it up while adding D-Rings to it as well. This is what I came up with. I first went out and got measurements then drew up a sketch, then did a good drawing with dimensions. Next I made a cardboard prototype then we next made a thing aluminum one. My brother in law works at a metal fab. shop so he found me a piece of scarp and cut and bent it up just how I wanted it. Once I got it from him a cut a few design slits in it and painted it up with primer then bedliner paint. I went ahead and painted my rock rails to match since they had tons of surface rust on them. I am really happy with how things came out...though it serves no function other then to hide the tow hitch plug.

All bent up and slits drawn up
You must be registered for see images attach

Primed

Done

The rock rails

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel (and this is a purely girly art family reaction) that something needs to be on the front of it! Down here we are required to have license plates in the front and back so that would have to go there, but it would look so cool with something painted, or attached!

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel (and this is a purely girly art family reaction) that something needs to be on the front of it! Down here we are required to have license plates in the front and back so that would have to go there, but it would look so cool with something painted, or attached!
Haha. I am actually working on adding 2 brackets to add 2 fog lights on it. If I don't like how that goes I may just end up throwing my BMX racing stickers on it or something. I wish I had a better picture of before I added it because the old bumper looked pretty dumb with a plug in the dead center haha.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. Maybe put a jeep decal on it or something?

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Looks good (of course I am biased) ... although I shudder every time I see a set of those ST's! Now you have to bedline the lower front faring to get rid of the rest of that silver :D ... I did my roof rails, rock rails and front faring.

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good (of course I am biased) ... although I shudder every time I see a set of those ST's! Now you have to bedline the lower front faring to get rid of the rest of that silver :D ... I did my roof rails, rock rails and front faring.

Tires are going soon and no more silver are the next things on my list

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I had to live with mine (ST's) for 6 months ... borderline dangerous. She looks better now that all the silver is gone... my emblems are next :D

P.S. Your still a light bar ahead of me :D

Members online

No members online now.