Curved Clutch Flywheel for CRD Only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have maybe been incorrect about my posts as regards the Curved Flywheel on the manual KJs.

This I now think this may only be relevant on the CRDs that have the Manual Gearbox with the Dual Mass Flywheel!

Going through the documentation it seems that the Gassers without a Dual Mass Flywheels do not have curved Flywheels!

Could the Experts please confirm this....I have not personally come across any Manual Gassers here in SA!;)

Reactions: JRB

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be following along this one, curious to know myself. So far so good with my clutch but I don't believe it's been replaced prior to me owning my kj.

I believe I remember someone with a nsg370 mentioning they parked theirs with it needing a clutch job, hopefully they see the thread and can chime in with what they found out.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone says they have a curve but I have a spare from a 03 KJ and it is flat as a pancake.

Liberty For All

Reaction score
I have maybe been incorrect about my posts as regards the Curved Flywheel on the manual KJs.

This I now think this may only be relevant on the CRDs that have the Manual Gearbox with the Dual Mass Flywheel!

Going through the documentation it seems that the Gassers without a Dual Mass Flywheels do not have curved Flywheels!

Could the Experts please confirm this....I have not personally come across any Manual Gassers here in SA!;)

I had my flywheel resurfaced on my 2005 Six speed when I had my clutch replaced gasser and it was curved.

Liberty For All

Reaction score
I'll be following along this one, curious to know myself. So far so good with my clutch but I don't believe it's been replaced prior to me owning my kj.

I believe I remember someone with a nsg370 mentioning they parked theirs with it needing a clutch job, hopefully they see the thread and can chime in with what they found out.

I had my curved flywheel resurfaced when I had my clutch replaced on my 2005 gasser, Six speed.