Curb weight Renny to Ltd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsan

Reaction score
I know the Renny has a different gear ratio compared to the Limited. But what about curb weight?

Take say the Renegade 28D package off the lot vs the Limited 28G package. My mother-in-law recently had a dealer tell her it weighed the same, the skids did not add weight (could this be because the renny has less weight from something else?) Also Carpoint.com shows the same curb weight for both, 4115 pounds. I just can't believe they'd be the same weight. Also, with the lightbar, I'd think that adds a little too.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
eh, they probably didnt bother to re weigh it, or dealers and other car places didnt bother, since in essence to them it's the same vehicle....Just different trim...

anyway, skids should add about i dunno, 30+ lbs at least...lightbar, about 10 or so....and i've just learned, that the t-case on the rennie's are heavier than the normal tcase on anyother KJ..the 242HD [command-trac HD] (thanks clint) wieghs in at 25 or so more lbs....(i believe this only applies to o5's..)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the basket. I think the three skids combined would weigh more than 30Lbs. Anyone got the weights on them?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are probably fairly close. You can also get Limiteds with skid also atleast in 04 I believe.

Latest posts

Members online