Crossbar T-Fitting Carwashing Device

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zak

Reaction score
Ok, before you call me crazy, I have to blame CactusJacked for putting idea in my head. But here is a draft for the device:

You must be registered for see images

Forgive my crappy handwriting, and I'm exactly an artist either.

Basically, you hook up the hose to the fixture and the water come out of the t-fitting in the center. Hopefully someone on the forum can help figure out the best way to turn the t-fitting into some sort of device that "sprays". I'm sure some sort of fitting exists that would serve this purpose. Thoughts, anyone?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmfao, maybe I gotta start watching what I suggest around here! ;)
My thoughts were slightly different from your well drafted prototype.....
Put a cross fitting in the middle of the rear pipe, a tee fitting in the middle of the front pipe. Connect the front and rear pipes in the middle using a short section of that expanding hose, so that you are still able to slide the cross bars back and forth. On the rear pipe cross fitting, you would hook up your garden hose, with a quick disconnect fitting of course, and also utilize your in-line soap dispenser idea. Where you currently have your 4 end caps is where the multi-directional swivel sprayers would go.
Another option would be a high-tech watering system, such as the one shown in the video below, connected to a central water outlet on one or both of the cross pipes: Water Fountain

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, enough with the joking around.

Talk about beeting a dead horse.

Looks like a great project for Junkyard Wars

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ideas to do something similar to one of those portable garage tent things haha

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting ideas to do something similar to one of those portable garage tent things haha

You could rig it up to spray paint too. Just think - you could have a different color Jeep every week! :party36: