Creaky springs after lift?!?

Discussion in 'Lift Kit Discussion' started by kkkustom, Sep 21, 2005.

1. kkkustom

kkkustom New Member

I installed the rustys 2.5" kit on my brand new 05. as well as a 1/2" clevis lift. everything is nice. except the passenger side front spring creaks when compressed and rebounded... basically when you come to a stop.

why would it do that? also it sounds like something is loose in the front end on that side. If you hit a man hole or something with that side it sounds like a ball joint is loose... but it only has 4 thousand miles on it (only like 100 after lift) so i dont think the ball joint is bad.

anyideas???

2. indynewfie

indynewfie New Member

loose sway bar component. more than likely a cracked rubber bushing. dealership will replace. ask them if they wil aloow you to upgrade to the polyurethane bushings without compromising warranty. if they are really cool, they'll just do it for you.

3. kkkustom

kkkustom New Member

I dont think so... I can feel the vibration in the spring it self if I hold my hand on it and have someone jump up and down on the front end.

4. kkkustom

kkkustom New Member

sprayed some wd on the bottom wher the creek was coming from and it is gone. dunno

5. Bennett

Bennett Active Member Administrator

I have some creek right now... too... Where exactly did you spray?? also try not to get WD40 on the bushings cause it can actually eat them. White lithium grease won't eat anything.

6. kkkustom

kkkustom New Member

I sprayed it at the base of the spring where it sits on the clevis. must be something in there...

I never heard of WD eating a rubber bushing, but i guess I will look into that.

7. Wilmo

Wilmo New Member

8. Wilmo

Wilmo New Member

I've found the best lubricant for this problem to be Lithium Grease in a Spray Can - spray where the spring contacts the spacer and the inside of the spacer between the spacer's centre and where the strut goes through the middle of it.