Creaky springs after lift?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkkustom

Reaction score
I installed the rustys 2.5" kit on my brand new 05. as well as a 1/2" clevis lift. everything is nice. except the passenger side front spring creaks when compressed and rebounded... basically when you come to a stop.

why would it do that? also it sounds like something is loose in the front end on that side. If you hit a man hole or something with that side it sounds like a ball joint is loose... but it only has 4 thousand miles on it (only like 100 after lift) so i dont think the ball joint is bad.

anyideas???

indynewfie

Reaction score
loose sway bar component. more than likely a cracked rubber bushing. dealership will replace. ask them if they wil aloow you to upgrade to the polyurethane bushings without compromising warranty. if they are really cool, they'll just do it for you.

kkkustom

Reaction score
I dont think so... I can feel the vibration in the spring it self if I hold my hand on it and have someone jump up and down on the front end.

kkkustom

Reaction score
sprayed some wd on the bottom wher the creek was coming from and it is gone. dunno

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I have some creek right now... too... Where exactly did you spray?? also try not to get WD40 on the bushings cause it can actually eat them. White lithium grease won't eat anything.

kkkustom

Reaction score
I sprayed it at the base of the spring where it sits on the clevis. must be something in there...

I never heard of WD eating a rubber bushing, but i guess I will look into that.

Wilmo

Reaction score
I've found the best lubricant for this problem to be Lithium Grease in a Spray Can - spray where the spring contacts the spacer and the inside of the spacer between the spacer's centre and where the strut goes through the middle of it.