CRDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious: how are the CRDs coming? Anyone have a firm build/ship date for the ones they ordered?

I only ordered my non-CRD less than 4 weeks ago (still don't have it); it'd kill me if I ordered it in early Decemeber and still haven't gotten it yet.

I feel for you all.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, let me rephrase the question:

What's the status of the AMERICAN CRDs?

=P~

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that early February. One post on (I hate to say it) JU said that the dealer told them Feb. 4th. I really really want to see one at my dealer.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I'd just like to hear how that diesel purrs. I know it's not going to be like the benz diesels of the 80's (thank god). It aught to be a very sweet engine in a very sweet Jeep. I think it's gonna be a huge succes for DCX. Now, I also hink it might take a few years to work the kinks out.....since we have different emission standards than our buddies over in England. So, I'm really curious to see how they are doing in a year or so. Can't wait to see CRD owners on here! \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to the CRDs hitting the road over here as well. I am interested in one due to mileage gains that I might enjoy. But I don't want to buy one until the kinks are worked out. But I hope they do prove to be popular because I am interested in buying one in a year or two if they are still available.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many 'kinks' they will be. The 2.5 CRD (the same basic engine as the 2.8 CRD) has been available here for 3 years and the 2.8 CRD has available for about a year. Europe has been the testing ground for this new engine and I have really early one and had no problems whatsoever.

The basic engines are tuned for low rev torque and you'll really notice it on the trails. As much as I hate to admit it, they do struggle abit when pushed over 75 mph. They are more noisy than the 3.7, but not in a bad way and the fuel savings are really impressive.

I love my KJ and I hope you guys get to feel that feeling of invincibility you get when the the big diesel rumbles under the hood infront of you and you just know that it can't be stopped rockon.gif

Ian

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, it is good to have glowing endorsement. \:D/

Latest posts

Members online