Crd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverRT

Reaction score
Hello to all Liberty guru's, I am but a Dodge Nitro owner seeking some help...
I asked on my Nitro forums and no one had an input in the matter and it seems that no one (in my forum) has attempted to do it. Now on to the point.

I am wanting to put a CRD into my Nitro, but I am not sure if its possible or what all would be involved. If any one could point me in the right direction or just tell me that it's not possible :)

Thank you for your time Chad

P.S. I hope I put this in the right section

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a KK from Europe, other than the UK and use all the parts to do a swap. You will need pretty much everything from the donor vehicle. Engine, trans, wire harness, computers(8 or 9), mounts, exhaust, axles, and so on. Not an "easy" swap.

SilverRT

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, do you know if the CRD that's in the Liberty is the same one they use in the CRD Nitro's in the UK? From what I can tell it is, but I guess it would still be completly different.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be h esme but again you will have isses getting a RHD fitted to your vehicle. it is best to source a LHD, less headache and parts to swap.

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitro CRD in UK is the same as the KK/KJ CRD, best option for you is to find a KJ CRD in th US and swap out engine & transmition, you would save of shipping cost, the missing part you can order from Europe. I know of someone how has swapped into a Petrol KJ a CRD engine as he totaled his CRD, I thing that post is on LOST KJ somwhere.
Fil.

SilverRT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. So if im sticking with everything stock all I should have to swap out is Engine, Trans and computer-ECU, PCM or what ever they are calling them in the Nitro's. Right?

SilverRT

Reaction score
Also as I look for an engine are there any years that were better than other for the 2.8L CRD?

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newer VM 2.8 has higher output and newer emmissions. You are probably going to exceed the cost of buying a used CRD though.

Your probably going to need the front clip as well, as the CV's are different as well. This is a very involved swap.