CRD w/ Rustys suspension - spring change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccattie

Reaction score
I have the Rusty's suspension lift (brand new - not installed yet) and an 06 CRD. I know there is a lot of talk about sagging. If I picked up the OME790 springs which are the 500lb ones would that be all I would need to do to correct the sag situation as well as have a lift equal to the rear? Would I need to add the strut plates that Rusty's offers here: http://tinyurl.com/6p9hjk ? Would I need to do anything in the clevis department? I've read a lot about sagging, but not much on correction to the point of how it was when the kit is new. I want to make sure I can still run 31's. Thank you to all in advance.
-c

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which lift did you get? The spacers or the springs. I am assuming the spacer because you were asking about Emu springs. If you get both spacers and EMU front and rear springs you will be roughly 4 inches higher. I don't know if that's ok on a CRD, it's bad on a gasser's CV's. If you get the spacer lift then you can just use the stock springs. If you get the Rustys springs you can't use them as they don't work on a CRD, IIRC. Your best bet for springs are the EMU all around with Rancho shocks and the Daystar front leveling spacer. Oh and don't forget the brake line relocation bracket. I made my only so you don't really need to buy one.
My pseudo how to on it.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

ccattie

Reaction score
I got the suspension lift which is the complete setup, not the strut spacer lift. I am under the impression that the whole kit is fine except for the front springs.
-c

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the suspension lift which is the complete setup, not the strut spacer lift. I am under the impression that the whole kit is fine except for the front springs.
-c

I am unsure if the Rusty lift will work on a CRD If it does you will definitely need CRD springs to avoid sagging. You might as well get the Emu springs front and rear. Then sell the Rusty's springs to offset the cost.

ccattie

Reaction score
It works, it just sags in the front over time because they are too soft (extra engine weight).
-c

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya they are too soft for a CRD and almost too soft for a stock KJ! they are the same spring rating as a stock gasser 310lbs and the stock crds springs are 410lbs if you really are wanting to lift your crd you REALLY need to use the OME CRD coils that have athe 500lb rating

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rusty's suspension lift (brand new - not installed yet) and an 06 CRD. I know there is a lot of talk about sagging. If I picked up the OME790 springs which are the 500lb ones would that be all I would need to do to correct the sag situation as well as have a lift equal to the rear? Would I need to add the strut plates that Rusty's offers here: http://tinyurl.com/6p9hjk ? Would I need to do anything in the clevis department? I've read a lot about sagging, but not much on correction to the point of how it was when the kit is new. I want to make sure I can still run 31's. Thank you to all in advance.
-c

I don't understand that having a CRD, why you bought a Rusty's coil lift in the first place?

ccattie

Reaction score
There are many reasons. One, when I checked with Rusty, he said it worked on a CRD - how am I supposed to know he wasn't telling the truth? Two, I got it super cheap from somebody who got it but never isntalled it. Three, even with adding the OME790s, it is still cheaper (see reason 2) than anything out there. I know something had to change in the spring dept, I just wanted to be sure.
-c

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard this thing about using the OME 790 (500 lb) springs on CRD. They are designed to be used with an ARB bar. The heavy duty OME gasser springs are adequate for a CRD without an ARB bar. I know someone in the UK who's had his OME 927 (heavy gasser springs) for nearly 5 years with no problems.

Ian

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would reccomend getting the 790's b/c they are made for the CRD, and if you peice it together properly the OME isnt really that much more than rustys and the quality it parts makes it worth they extra money

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got more answers here than over on lost.

Does anyone know how much the OME CRD springs would lift the front? Would they match the lift on the rear with the rustys springs or would it sit nose down?

I would get the OME CRD springs cattie. The OME HD springs were never designed to be used with a CRD, they were made for the gasser with a arb bumper.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he got answers over on LOST although most were PMs , ask me how I know LOL

Members online

No members online now.