CRD ODBII - Autoenginuity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ2K6

Reaction score
Bought an Autoenginuity ODBII and according to their website it is compatible with the CRD. I am unable to successfully retrieve information and clear codes. Anyone else out there using Autoenginuity.

P.S. It works fine on my 2005 Liberty 3.7l, 2008 Patriot and 2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0l Diesel.

J.C.

Reaction score
OBDII software for diesel KJ jeeps

Bought an Autoenginuity ODBII and according to their website it is compatible with the CRD. I am unable to successfully retrieve information and clear codes. Anyone else out there using Autoenginuity.

P.S. It works fine on my 2005 Liberty 3.7l, 2008 Patriot and 2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0l Diesel.

I tried many commercial offerings for decoding our 2007 KJ CRD LTD and got my money back from all of them, as the couldn't decode the diesel extension codes used by Chrysler in the KJ.

We now (and have done so for years) use a free Android program called Torque Lite, to decode the messages from a cheap Bluetooth OBDII unit. The program lists any codes found and links directly to an internet database of explanatory notes.

https://torque-lite-obd2-car-1.en.softonic.com/android

I presently have two codes active. They are for the glow plug wiring to cylinders 1 and 3. The 1252 code has been cleared after we replaced the vacuum reservoir solenoid yesterday.

There is a Torque Pro version of the program that has been recommended, but I haven't bothered with it, as the free version works for me.