crd lift, for broken arrow trail, az

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how high will a lift kit lift the engine skid? this is the lowes part on the kj no? this is why i wanna know...

ok so i bought a crd kj a few weeks back and have been dieing to take her out on the trail. im interviewing for a job in pheonix az, im live in texas now. so while i was out here i wanted to see what the 4x4ing in az is all about so i rented a 4x4 (all they had was an h3, darn, hehe).

getting to the point, i took her down the most fantastic trail ive ever been on hands down, broken arrow tr, sendona, az. if any of you have not heard of this trail please look it up its fantastic, wow,wow,wow.

well the h3 has quite a bit more ground clearance than does the kj and real diff lockers so im just dieing to know if my crd could survive the journey. or will need some after market help. the h3 sits about 9" off ground from engine skid

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did all of broken arrow besides the steps in my stock CRD. I did use my skids alot but it wasn't a problem at all. just make sure you scout ahead to make sure you take a good line. I'm sure you could do the steps just make sure you pay attention. while you out there i suggest soldgers pass too that was a fun trail.

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear the crd kj has made the trip. tho i did run the steps and its way more hairy than the pics look, (it may have eroded a bit over the years too)

the h3 was on such a decline on the steps the oil press light came on, guess all the oil sloshed too far forward.

would love to run the steps in the libby too. i saw a stock wrangler make it down the steps ok too. the fraken lift will prolly be the lift of choice. is there a lift out there that doesnt sag back down after a few months?

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new CRD spring frakenlift would probly be your best bet it comes with 500lbs springs so its less likely to sag under the weight of the diesel and after market bumper ect. that will be what im getting next month.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear the crd kj has made the trip. tho i did run the steps and its way more hairy than the pics look, (it may have eroded a bit over the years too)
Looking at some pics of the steps, I'd say erosion is definite. Just look at the dips in the rocks where all the pink Jeeps (and others) have run down them (Sorry for the picture size, I linked it from another forum):

You must be registered for see images attach

I did Broken Arrow back in March, but we didn't do the steps - too many pink Jeeps getting the last customers of the day thru the trail and I didn't have my engine or ****** skids on, they got bent a while back and I took 'em off to straighten them (which I still need to do). With a lift everything I ran on BA was cake, just pick a good line and go slow.

HIKJ

Reaction score
You need 2" of lift to bring the clearance under the front diff skid at the same level as the rear diff clearance.

Members online

No members online now.