crankcase breather hoses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced valve cover gaskets yesterday... busted the PCV valve in half, and the molded breather hose that connects intake to the right side valve cover was brittle and broke right at the fitting.

I know I could just use heater hose; but I was hoping someone knew the part number or which of the chain parts stores stock the actual molded rubber vent hose. Heater hose sometimes just doesn't bend right, and kinks on short runs and when there is a near 90 degree bend.

Thanks.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced valve cover gaskets yesterday... busted the PCV valve in half, and the molded breather hose that connects intake to the right side valve cover was brittle and broke right at the fitting.

I know I could just use heater hose; but I was hoping someone knew the part number or which of the chain parts stores stock the actual molded rubber vent hose. Heater hose sometimes just doesn't bend right, and kinks on short runs and when there is a near 90 degree bend.

Thanks.

Had to get mine from the dealer. No stores around me had the molded part. Tape the hose for now until you get it from the dealer. It's about a 20$ part. They may have to order it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks teeje. Found a few online stores that have it.. some cheaply, like $8-9.. but then they want $15 shipping.

Phil2020

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, The Jeep KJ crankcase breather hoses. NOW there's a pain-in-A$$ product!!!
No-one, and I mean NO-one else makes them except MOPAR, and...they are soooooooooooo hard to find:(
Part number is, for example: Breather Hose, Left - Mopar (53013457AB)

*MYBAD
The part number is ALMOST EXACTLY the same for Right and Left.
There is a Left side breather hose AND a Right side breather hose...
When you order you have to specify (LEFT) or (RIGHT) that IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Part 1: Breather Hose, Right - Mopar (53013458AB)
Part 1: Breather Hose, Left - Mopar (53013457AB)[Supersession(s):53013457AA]

See pic below for breather hoses pictures >>>

Hope this helps ya:)

Attachments

• JEEP BREATHER HOSE L-R Sides.JPG
    JEEP BREATHER HOSE L-R Sides.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Hose 1.jpg
    Hose 1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: JRB

Phil2020

Reaction score
(Just cross reference the shape of your hose(s) with the photo above)

ps: You can use a temporary fix...
Using some electricians tape, you can tape up the ends of the hoses, or use some, (if you can still get it "Continental" full rubber heat shrink), just check the OD/ID before you buy. Then clamp them on the crankcase. Should hold for a few years more.
Why these hoses are so IMPORTANT, is that they affect the power of your Jeep, (especially in the winter), and they also allow the Jeep to cooooool better, so as you know now, they are very essential!

Hope this helps ya:)

Latest posts

Members online