Craftsman 176 piece socket set - $180 shipped!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not ebay, but I thought this was a pretty decent deal -

Craftsman 176 piece socket set (ALL sockets) for $169.99 and free shipping. I had 6% MI sales tax, so it was $180 shipped to my door.

I have $250 in gift cards from random "thank you's" from work, so it cost me $0 and I still have $70 to spend :D Plus, I have another $100 "thank you" that I can redeem for more sears cards if I choose.

I know, pro mechanics use cornwell or snap-on, but these are perfect for my shadetree ass!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got a great deal, Atrus.

Most of my tools are Craftsman and S&K and I am just a part time "shadetree mechanic" too. I have cracked a couple of Craftsman sockets and Sears just gave me another with no questions asked.

Dave

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Dave - I have a few different socket sets I've accumulated (craftsman too), but when living and my parent's place and whatnot I just couldn't keep them organized. Many got lost or were confused with my old man's sets.

I've basically aquired two sets of tools now. These sockets and all of my existing pliers and screwdrivers will go out into the garage where they can get greasy and dirty. I have a smaller craftsman tool chest that I got when I was 15.

Over the past year I've picked up some more plier sets and screwdrivers and will be keeping a smaller set in the house. These will stay clean and be used for indoor projects. I hate grabbing a pair of greasy pliers when I am trying to do a simple household task.

I also had a nice Craftsman mechanic set that was reasonably comprehensive and has a nice plastic case. I hope to cannibalize the 3 or so incomplete craftsman sets that I have to fill that case once again. It's nice and portable.

I also have now got an air compressor and accumulated some air tools this past weekend.

So, all in all, I am really getting pretty set up in the tool dept! I haven't even mentioned all of the household/woodworking tools I have gotten over the past few years! I'm pretty proud of the collection and use it often! :D

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not ebay, but I thought this was a pretty decent deal -

Craftsman 176 piece socket set (ALL sockets) for $169.99 and free shipping. I had 6% MI sales tax, so it was $180 shipped to my door.

I have $250 in gift cards from random "thank you's" from work, so it cost me $0 and I still have $70 to spend :D Plus, I have another $100 "thank you" that I can redeem for more sears cards if I choose.

I know, pro mechanics use cornwell or snap-on, but these are perfect for my shadetree ass!

Craftsman is a great brand, i've broken one of my dads 3/8" ratchets not even sure how old but it was old, and i know its something i should of used a 1/2" on but was too lazy to walk back to the box... i still need to take it to sears and get it replaced, but i love my craftsmen stuff!
But for air tools, some of the sanders are craftsman from a gift card but the impact and air ratchet and one of the grinders Ingersoll Rand baby!! Not cheap at all, but they are awesome :D

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a similar Craftsman set a while back. 182pc Mechanics set. Very impressed at the quality. Plus it's backed up by a lifetime warranty. Something breaks, bring it back to Sears and they replace it no questions asked.