Cooling fan questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boltsnapper

Reaction score
2010 Liberty Sport

My A/C seems to be way underperforming since the temperature spiked lately. I put the walmart gauge on the low side and it reads full. But while I was doing that, I noticed I didnt hear or feel the radiator cooling fan running. Since then, I've plugged in a scan tool and see that it comes on (barely) when the temperature exceeds 205 (or somewhere in that vicinity), but it has no power and you can't hear or feel it running full speed like you might expect when it's 100 degrees and the A/C is on full blast.

Looks like there's only one relay (no separate high / low relays). Is this normal? Should I be looking elsewhere for my poor performing A/C other than the cooling fan?

Reaction score
2010 Liberty Sport

My A/C seems to be way underperforming since the temperature spiked lately. I put the walmart gauge on the low side and it reads full. But while I was doing that, I noticed I didnt hear or feel the radiator cooling fan running. Since then, I've plugged in a scan tool and see that it comes on (barely) when the temperature exceeds 205 (or somewhere in that vicinity), but it has no power and you can't hear or feel it running full speed like you might expect when it's 100 degrees and the A/C is on full blast.

Looks like there's only one relay (no separate high / low relays). Is this normal? Should I be looking elsewhere for my poor performing A/C other than the cooling fan?
I just had this problem myself.
One module. It takes less than 5 minutes to replace. I believe it’s on the driver’s side down towards the bottom of the rad.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue, mine was caused by a broken serpinten belt. It broke the wires that plugged into the fan