Control arm questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reef

Reaction score
so with the front uca and lca and the rear uca: which ones is it best to just replace the ball joints and bushings and which ones is it best to just replace the entire assembly? Same with the rear trailing arms.
03 renegade.

Reaction score
so with the front uca and lca and the rear uca: which ones is it best to just replace the ball joints and bushings and which ones is it best to just replace the entire assembly? Same with the rear trailing arms.
03 renegade.

Easiest to replace the whole arm assembly Especially for the rear UCA.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get full replacements for all of them. When I had mine rebuilt I went with bushings because I assumed that I could press the bushings in/out by hand with a rental tool. Nope. They didn't budge and I had to take them to a shop to press in, which cost the same as if I had replaced it as a whole + I had to wait for a shop. So if you have access to a 2-5 ton press at home, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, get the full replacement.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOWER CONTROL ARMS DO NOT INCLUDE THE BALL JOINTS
since they are mounted in the spindle , NOT the LCAs
rest replace with good quality parts not cheap parts
UCAs moog has some good greaseable ones which are a bit cheaper than JBA
rear tri link replace with a good quality one, cheap ones are just that, cheap

justjeeps

Reaction score
03 renegade.

I had to replace the bolts and nuts...they were Chrysler only or at least I did not find them any where and the bolt was about 75$ each and the nut was ? but it was expensive.

The alignment shop had the nerve to complain it was hard to work on..I was thinking this guy has a lift, heated shop, air tools and good lighting...hu would of like to see him work on it under a short jack stand... O and the alignment seriously has issues over 55 mph.. shame on me I never took it back. Need to find a good shop who is familiar with jeeps.

have apointment at jeep dealer in morning the wrangler is stuck in 3rd and through a P0743 tcc solenoid..Darn jeeps they do not make them like they use to and were going to trade that B...in for maybe a subaru.

Biff

Reaction score
Tom, if I can’t find a Mopar rear UCA what would you recommend?… Thanks!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks going with the Iron Rock Offroad rear uca. I have one I haven't installed yet, but I haven't heard any complaints about them. As far as I know there's no other aftermarket options other than stock types.

Biff

Reaction score
Lol…. My rear UCA is done/toast…. Thanks to Tom’s advice on prying on it to see if it moves, it moves up and down…. Looking for a Mopar

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol…. My rear UCA is done/toast…. Thanks to Tom’s advice on prying on it to see if it moves, it moves up and down…. Looking for a Mopar
Gotcha, I took the original "done" as in fixed or repaired. When I was looking for one and finally found a mopar one the price was more than the IRO.

Latest posts

Members online