Constant tapping noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While driving I have always had a tapping noise but it is very slowly getting more noticeable.

So before taking anything apart i had a buddy ride with me and we both figured it is coming from the front drivers side.

so parked the vehicle and started shaking it and the tapping sound began. we looked under the vehicle and hood and nothing is dangling or loose. checked for play in the cv and barely any.

closer investigation during shaking we limited it down to the a arm, and its clicking/tapping towards the rear of the a arm...if looking at the drivers side front wheel towards the rear.

I tried to tighten the bolt underneath the hood that goes through the a arm and no difference that i could notice besides a pain in the a** to get to! but i beleive it is that bushing.

any other thoughts on what it could be? also how to fix or replace! Is this problem common?

Latest posts

Members online