Connect to a fused switched power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ermis

Reaction score
I try to find a fuse that is controlled through ignition switch and take power +12v from there.
I found 2 fuses that cuts the power when you close the ignition:

36-10amp-ignition run/start-orc/lft and rt siacm
37-10amp-ignition run only-orc

Can I take power from there? I want to connect a mpeg4 tvtuner and I will use a 5A extra fuse.

Last edited:

ermis

Reaction score
I red in manual that fuse 36, 37 are for the air bags orc. You think I cant use them? Is there any other fuse that I can use?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should use the fuse for the radio. The radio fuse is what I use to turn on my voltage regulator, amplifier.

ermis

Reaction score
I cant find that fuse in the manual. There is a fusa that gives always power to the radio and maybe there is a control wire that operates the radio only when key is on.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can not find the fuse, the even better option is to find the power wire for the radio and tape into that. Also what year is your libby?

ermis

Reaction score
Thanks. In my manual radio is 32 and 34. I m sure that 34 is always with power, I will check 32. Now I have connect the fuse 14 (my manual says that its a spare fuse). I dont know if its true.