conduit nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but what are conduit nuts used for when lifting and where are they installed to gain more height? I read posts about using them just not much detail. Thanks.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fit on the bottom of the shock before inserting into clevis.
They give 1/4" lift for each nut,3 nuts max is recommended for a total of 3/4" actual lift.
The 3/8" top plate gives 3/4" actual lift.

Gyro

Attachments

• clevis.jpg
    clevis.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 93

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They fit on the bottom of the shock before inserting into clevis.
They give 1/4" lift for each nut,3 nuts max is recommended for a total of 3/4" actual lift.
The 3/8" top plate gives 3/4" actual lift.

Gyro

So as to not confuse him
the only top plates that are available are 1/4 inch thick giving 1/2 inch more lift

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 4, 3/16s inches made and sent to me for the full 3/4 inches of lift. If you know someone with some metal working skill you could have them make some out of 3/8 inch steel or the likes.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't I just make a 3/8" steel spacer and work the same as the nuts?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't I just make a 3/8" steel spacer and work the same as the nuts?

Yes you can.
For a "spacer": jack up front, loosen the clevis bolt, pry an opening, insert spacer, and clamp it back down.
With conduit nuts: jack up front, drop the lower control arm apart from the ball joint to relieve spring pressure, disconnect clevis from lower spring mount, insert spacer nuts, fight to get the damn clevis and spring mount back together, raise control arm and reconnect lower ball joint.
One way is a lot easier than the other, probably don't have to tell you which. You can also use the spacer as a guide, and remove it once the clevis is clamped down, as it ain't moving. But I would leave it in for reassurance should you smack a good pothole.

EricNorton

Reaction score
Do I buy the longer kk cast clevis fork and do 2 conduit nuts or is that too much or should I just do conduit nuts if so do I only do 3 max nuts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do I buy the longer kk cast clevis fork and do 2 conduit nuts or is that too much or should I just do conduit nuts if so do I only do 3 max nuts?
just do 3 conduit nuts if you think you just have to have that extra amount

Latest posts

Members online