Computer?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by Christopher Lowe, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Christopher Lowe

Christopher Lowe New Member

I parked at work, went to leave at the end of the day. Sat down in the drivers seat, the whole dash warning lights system lit up, a buzzing sound behind the dash, headlights stuck on, horn blowing....I haven’t even put the key in the ignition. It started briefly. I unhooked the battery. Any thoughts??

2. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

Welcome to the site! What year/model/specifications/gas or CRD and USA/Canada or Export?

If it is a basic model then maybe you locked the doors with your remote key-fob.

Then you opened the Drivers's door from the outside using your key instead of the remote key-fob. This would be normal alarm action for the basic Sport model....the horn is the "Alarm".

There could be a problem otherwise with the Alarm and Remote Key Access (RKE).

I would not panic too much....connect battery and see what happens and get back to us!;)

3. Christopher Lowe

Christopher Lowe New Member

I don’t have a fob, the door was not locked. After I got out of the car, I could press down on the drivers seat and all the dash warning lights would come on and off, the headlights came on, would not shut off, I pulled the fuse on the horn. Finally took off the negative battery cable

4. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

remove both cables going to battery, touch them together for 15-30 minutes, hook up positive, then negative and see what happens then

5. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

How old is your battery? Strange things happen with a weak, dying battery. Not like old times when they just went "click". Nowadays the computers go mental when they don't get enough electricity.