Clevis Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone Help

I have just lifted the KJ and i am about 5mm Higher in the front to the rear

Can i drop the clevis bracket down a Bit

see images for left and right

Right

You must be registered for see images

Left
You must be registered for see images

I guess the question is can i have the spring base of the strut resting against the Top of the clevis Bracket?

Liberty Titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the pics I looked at your jeep looks great. Personally, I would wait to see if your front settles a bit before you try lowering it. As far as having troubles if your strut and clevis mount are touching...I don't know...but I am also cuious as to what some of our more mechanically inclined members think :-k

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just looked at your pictures and I'd leave it mate. =D>

To answer your question though, I don't think you can get strut further down because of the little lips on the strut base.

Like I say, leave it..... It's already looking fine.

Ian

JeepnJer

Reaction score
I agree, leave it as is... it's only 5mm. Even if you were successful in getting those lips down into the clevis bracket in order to make the strut base flush with the clevis, when you torque down the clevis bolt, the bottom of the strut may become deformed; plus the clevis grip wouldn't be evenly distributed around the strut due to the lips.
Could lead to problems down the road.